Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Masters, Priceless.

There is no greater feeling then having the opportunity give someone special an unforgettable gift. 


This year, I was able to surprise my dad with tickets to the Masters practice round and Par 3 tournament. Since I doubt I will ever win a green jacket nor be accepted as a member, the privilege of being a "patron" at Augusta will do (who am I kidding, it was amazing!).

I walked the hallowed grounds of Augusta National awestruck and utterly oblivious to the masses of people around me because the beauty was astonishing. As you would imagine, the grounds were indeed impeccably kept - not a stray weed in sight. Azaleas trees line the fairways and the polite, friendly faces topped off the experience. At the Par 3 Tournament we were an arms reach from golfers elite - Jordan Speith, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and the likes. Watching along with someone who appreciates the game more than I could ever hope too, THE ultimate golfer lover, was priceless. 

Notes I took away from the Masters:
  • Walk the entire course 1st tee to 18th green - but definitely leave some time to stop and enjoy Amen Corner
  • Zero cell phone policy - I was shocked (and impressed) to see that policy is not broken. How many events in this day in age successfully get viewers whilst demanding cell phones be left at home or checked? 
  • Food - Heavenly BBQ pulled pork, pimento cheese sandwiches, sweet teas and beer- nothing priced over $3.00 - unbeatable.
  • Regret - not grabbing a georgia peach ice cream sandwich on the way out! 
  • Bring a hat - and maybe buy one, too
  • You may be wondering how I got these amazing pictures. In practice rounds you are allowed to have a camera. 
  • Add to bucket list if it is not already number one :)  













1 comment:

  1. A priceless experience for you and Dad! You sure were close to those past and future legend golfers!
    Walking the hallowed grounds of Augusta National must have been so special. Hoping I win the Masters ticket lottery so I can attend next year! Great blog post Kelly!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS