Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Cacio E Pepe.

My mom and I ducked into a small Italian cafe to grab a bite for lunch and we decided on the cacio e pepe to share. The warm pasta came in this heavenly parmesan bowl and the noodles were perfectly al dente. As we were leisurely catching up over this flavorful dish I glanced at the time -- that I had clearly lost track of -- and realized we had just 5 minutes to make it to our Jimmy Fallon taping (the real reason my mom was in town!) Sadly, we had to leave our barely touched bowls and run down 49th street...ever since I have been craving that pasta...

Cacio e Pepe literally means "cheese and pepper" - so what's not to love? The dish is so simple to make and requires just 5 ingredients (that I am sure you already have on hand!) The creamy goodness brings the tastes of Italy right into my kitchen. I followed this recipe. Sadly I did not make the homemade parmesan bowl because I was impatient and hungry, but I will definitely try it out next time...because there will be a next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS