Sunday, December 29, 2013

Merry Little Christmas

  
A week ago I arrived in Maryland and the holiday spirit was overwhelming. My family was all in one place (a rarity considering we live on different coasts at this point in time) and I was ecstatic to be home with old friends. While the week flew by way too fast, we still managed to cram in all our favorite traditions. Highlights included our annual Christmas Eve celebration, gingerbread house decorating, a tacky sweater party, trips to the movies, naps by the Christmas tree, favorite restaurants and more! I left Maryland with a heavy heart, but with wonderful memories and a renewed urgency to get our next family trip marked in the books!

{Christmas brunch complete with mimosas while still in PJs}
  
HOLIDAY HINTS:

Each year I look forward to decorating my sugar cookies and intricately wrapping presents--I'll let you in on a few secrets and tips to make both stand out. The trick to beautiful cookies, without all the mess and frustration, is icing them with a squeeze bottle! I purchased mini ones from Michael's so that I could have a variety of color icings to decorate with. As far as wrapping goes, I always enjoy a present that is almost too pretty to unwrap. After all the outside is what you see first! This year I incorporated hand cut snowflakes, glittery wrapping paper, homemade gift tags (courtesy of Style Me Pretty) and large bows.

{William & Sonoma Sanding Sugar Sprinkles make your cookies glisten!}

 
 

Hopefully my Christmas touches inspire you for holidays to come. I wish everyone a merry merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS